Thursday, February 28

yummm....

Have you ever just started throwing some food together without any recipe, any plan, and it comes out FANTASTIC?? Well, I have and just did! OMG...this salad is probably one of the best things I've ever had...yeah, I know..."it's just a salad" but, man! It's good...here's what I threw together:

  • about 2 cups of baby spinach
  • few leaves of curly lettuce, chopped
  • 1 roma tomato, chopped
  • 1 cup lettuce roll filling (shredded carrot, shredded red onion, chopped tomato & bell pepper)
  • 1/4 cup crushed pineapple (canned, packed in juice - not syrup)
  • 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
for the dressing, I blended:
  • 1/2 tsp of sesame oil
  • 1 tbsp Bragg's liquid aminos (tastes like soy sauce, but it's HEALTHY)
  • 1 clove crushed garlic
  • 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
  • 1/2 oz. raw cashews (i'm guessing - it was about 1/2 a handful)
It's sooo yummy. Whenever I make the lettuce roll filling, I make enough for it to last a few days. And the first three ingredients of the dressing are actually what make up the dipping sauce I use for the rolls. :)

Anyway, just thought I'd share...ttfn!!

p.s. I probably put more vinegar than that in the dressing...I'm a vinegar freak and could literally drink the stuff :P hehe

No comments: